The Polk County Medical Society advocates for physicians and patients to promote a healthy community.
Promote the science and art of medicine
Communicate a shared mission for healthcare
Maintain the highest professional and ethical standards
Strengthen the voice of the medical profession through enhanced collegiality
- Civic Center Events, Join your colleagues, families, friends and staff at special events throughout the year. Pre-show dinners are hosted by PCMS sponsors.
- PCMS sponsored social events with colleagues and families-Organized events by PCMS offer a great opportunity to socialize with your colleagues in the area.
- Fall Medical Mixer
- Annual Meeting
- Legislative Breakfast
- Washington dc Fly In
- Discount Supplies
- Office supplies and equipment may be obtained at a small percentage above wholesale cost.
- Code Book Discounts
- Order your CPT, ICD-9, HCPCS and other coding reference books through PCMS at a discounted rate.
- Discounted Go Next Packages
- Leave the planning to us. Enjoy great rates on fabulous trips to destinations around the globe. These fun-filled and affordable vacations are available to PCMS members through Go Next.
- Group rates on cellular & digital phone service
- Special cellular rates are available only to PCMS members along with the PCMS personalized service.
- Discounted Car Rental
- Receive discounted rates on your next car rental with Hertz just for being a PCMS member.
- Free checking, ATM, checks for physicians and office staff
- Free checking, ATM and many other valuable benefits are available for you, your employees and your family with PCMS membership banking at Wells Fargo.
- Advocacy at the local, state and national level-Throughout the year the PCMS Lobbyist, Executive Council and staff advocate on your behalf both at the state and national level. Annual trips are made to Washington, D.C. to meet with the Iowa Congressional Delegation on your behalf.
- Physician Referrals
- Physician referrals and background information are given out daily to the community on PCMS members only.
- Pictorial Membership Directory
- We publish an annual photo directory that many offices use to make physician referrals and exchange patient information.
- Bi-Monthly publication-Bulletin
- The Bulletin is an informative an d timely journal that has been described as the “pulse of the medical community.” The Bi-monthly subscription is included in your membership.
- Staff/administrative time(for coordinating referral of Doctors)